Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 17th 2003

Some of you may think that this is just another day, but this is the day that Zachary asked me out. I didn't get a post up here to celebrate the 17th, but am fashionably late with this post. I can't believe that Zach and I have been together for 7 years. When I asked Zach on the 17th what was so special about the day, he said that it was Dan's Birthday, not remembering that he asked me out on this day, or he was probably just joking with me. He is a goof ball that way sometimes. When I look back on all that we have been through together and all that we have yet to go through it makes me glad that I have Zach by my side and that we are partners in this together. Zach hasn't always seen me at my best, but yet always brings a smile to my face when I think about his silly sayings or the ways that he is sweet to me.

I just had to post today, because Zach is on gone on a trip to New Orleans with the boys, and I'm missing him a lot. As much as I love my husband I don't always like it when he is gone. You think I would get used to this being a truck driver's daughter, but I just can't. Now I know what mom has gone through for almost 25 years with dad being gone in the truck and missing him. It's hard to have him gone but I know that we are always thinking about each other, and just because he is gone for a little while doesn't mean he will never come back.

I know you are probably thinking make a point already! Well here it goes! I love Zach more that anything, and it is scary to realize how much you love a person! When I think about Zach it brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye, because no matter what he is going to be by my side through thick and thin, and all other things that make a marriage. Zach and I are pretty much new to the being married part of life, and both of us didn't realize how much work and effort goes into being married. It is hard at times, but the benefits of having a partner and somebody to rely on in life are awesome. Zach can make me laugh when I feel like crying, and make me love when I feel like hating. I'm the fighter of the relationship and he is definitely the lover. With those different personalities it is hard at times but we are making it work.

When I read my seester's (Ashley) blog the other day about the google definitions of marriage, I was blown away. Why are we going to the Internet to figure out how to run a marriage, when we could be going to the bible? It opened my eyes to the way of looking at marriage and ours in particular. I just know that I need to love my Husband and my Lord and keep doing what I'm doing and have a successful marriage, by not looking at google for help. I love you Zachary, you are my everything. I know this blog is probably really cheesy, and unorganized but hey I love my husband, what more do I need to say! ~ LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment