Monday, January 4, 2010

Well I hope that everyone survived the holidays! Zach and I had a wonderful Christmas, and made out like bandits on the presents situation. I know I know thats not what Christmas is about but you never get too old for presents. On Wednesday December 23rd, seeing that the Big Bad Snow Storm was on the way, Zach and I loaded up the Durango and got snowed in at Zach's parents until Christmas morning. It was fun spending time with Dave, Pam, Ashley, Jason, Ada, and Ethan. We played games and ate way to much food but had a great time. With the snow storm still rolling along, Zach and I drove to my parent's on not good roads to spend Christmas day with them. We ate, opened presents, and did some snowmobiling. I don't suggest snowmobiling in a blizzard, NOT FUN!

Christmas night Zach and I finally made it home and looked back on the fact that we were engaged 4 years ago Christmas night. Time sure flys when you are having fun. Who knew that in that short amount of time, we would encounter home ownership, marriage, and mommy and daddy to a spoiled rotten dog. LOL!

Any who, on Monday, December 28th, we left on our snowmobile trip to the Black Hills. Keven, Becky, Bryan, Lindsey, Brandon, Zach, and I drove through the night Monday night and arrived in Spearfish early Tuesday morning. Everybody was dead on their feet tired, but we snowmobiled all day Tuesday. There was awesome snowmobiling out there and with all the snow that they got some great powder snow, to have fun in and screw around with the Cats. Tuesday night we headed to the hotel room, sat in the hot tub and made an early night of it. What an exhausting but fun day.

Wednesday we drove to Deadwood, got our motel room at the Comfort in and hit the trails. Our plan was to sled to the Buckhorn Bar, in Buckhorn, Wyoming. Everything was going good until Bryan went of trail and went end over end with his sled. He took a nasty tumble, at about 3pm, and thankfully we were only 1 1/2 miles for Trailshead. Bryan road his snowmobile to Trailshead and then we called 911 from there. Pretty scary time until the ambulance finally arrived. They ambulaced him to Deadwood and then to Rapid City. Brandon and Zach rode the sleds back to get the pickup and we loaded up the snowmobiles and headed back to Deadwood. Jason and Ashley and the kids were waiting for us at our hotel and they to mom and I to Rapid City to see Bryan. It turns out that Bryan did some serious damage to his knee but no other broken bones. They let us take him back to the hotel and loaded him up with pain killers and anti-inflamatory.

We ate supper with Jason, Ash and the Kiddos, really late but headed back to our hotel room, and then left the next morning. Jason and Ashley are truely angels and helped us out so well with everything. They were there for us during a really scary situation, and helped out by driving us the Rapid City and giving us a shoulder to cry on, and comforted us when we didn't know what was going on. Words cannot express the gratitude that our family had towards Ashley and Jason. Thank you so much guys, we love you tons and tons and bunches and bunches.

We are finally home safe and sound. Bryan had a pretty uncomfortable ride home, but we made it and got home late Thursday night. Bryan had a doctors appointment today, and he will have an MRI and Doplar in the morning. The MRI is for his knee and to make sure nothing else is injured. The Doplar is to make sure that there is no blood clots, because he has little red spots on his knee area and they are just doing this to take precautions. Please pray for Bryan that he has a speedy and safe recovery. He will probably have to have surgery on the knee eventually, but I will keep you updated.

As for our family ever taking another snowmobile trip, well we are already planning next years. I can't say that I'm really excited to hop on a snowmobile after witnessing what happened to my little brother. I have a whole new respect for those machines now, they are fun, but can be unpredictable. I didn't know that you could get bucked off a snowmobile just like you get bucked off a horse. I think I should just stick to horses. LOL!

Anyways, that was are holiday season in a nut shell. well actually 3 pages, hey what can I say when I start writing I can stop. I hope that each and every one of you have a very blessed 2010, and may you look back at 2009 as a wonderful memory, and look forward to 2010 as an awesome adventure. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment